Saturday 5 January 2013

It's All In the Details, Or A Project Started, Completed, and Posted About in Less Than Three Days

Most of us have heard at one point or another that it's the little things that count, and I'd have to say that when it comes to decor, that's completely accurate. Of course, big things matter too (I'm talking about you, pink bathtub!) but if you have all the big things down, and none of the little, more personal things, then your house has just become a model home... 

And so, in an attempt to include the little things, I decided to turn the stemless wineglasses into something fantastic yesterday. The ingredients? The cups, acrylic paint, and clear nail polish. 


I pulled out my collection of paints, which I love, by the way, and yes. That is my bed cover. Yes, I painted on my bed. Terrible, I know, but I didn't get any paint on it. Not even one drop! 


And, ta da! Finished project. I just sorta went to town with my brush creating what I think is an absolutely fantastic confetti-esque design. I especially love that it looks like the paint is exploding up from the bottom of the glasses. Can't you just imagine sipping lemonade out of these babies while your hubby is barbecuing in the back yard? I can't wait for summer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment