Wednesday 15 August 2012

I slept in this morning. I didn't really mean to, but it just sort of happened. When my alarm (aka. Derek texting me) went off at 8:00am, it was raining outside, and I just lay there in bed, listening to the rain. This went on for two and a half hours - I drifted in and out of dream-filled sleep - until Derek texted me at 10:30 (lunch break for him), and I pulled my heavy body and tired eyes out from the wonderful comfort of the bed sheets.

It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to get up on time. Before Derek and I got married, I almost always went to bed at the same time (around 11), and got up at 8:00... Now that we're married, now that my roommates are gone, my schedule has fallen to the wayside. I don't know what caused it, the sudden change of, well, everything? The fact that Derek is always up before me?

There is so much I want to accomplish - so much I know I ought to be accomplishing - but even little things like doing the dishes seem too far away. I need a schedule.

Oh schedules. North American life depends on them - these life filing, time watching lists that keep us organized and productive. Sometimes it's easy to get trapped in them, but I think for me, today, and at least for the next little while, I'm trapped in the opposite. Yep, I need a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment