Friday 18 May 2012

One Week Until...

...the wedding! Crazy. Yes, folks. My wedding is a week from tomorrow. Right now, my house is in a flurry of wedding preparations - random crafts are decorating walls, countertops, even Lana's old keyboard. We're slowly making our way through a long, long list of everything wedding.


I'm not worried that seeing these piles will give anything away... But you get the idea... Messy house.

At the same time, we're preparing for Lana and Vickie to move out... It makes me teary just thinking of it, but I will steal myself to the challenge. I love Derek dearly, but after living in this exact apartment for a year and a half with Lana and Vickie, it will be odd at first to be living with a boy!


So, along with the piles of wedding, we also have piles like this everywhere.

Lana, Vickie and I have been going through our cupboards, closets, etc. Sorting out what belongs to who and who wants to keep what. Derek and I actually carted off four large garbage bags of clothing, kitchen wares, and other various knicknacks to MCC yesterday. We could have probably made a fortune at a garage sale, but until we have one of those, we'll have to let MCC make the fortune (and speaking of garages, stay tuned for a short post on that next week).
All this talk of wedding has made me awfully curious about other people's weddings. If you've been married, leave a comment! Tell me about your favourite part of the wedding (other than the obvious, I got married! Or, all my friends and family were there!). I'm wondering, was it the food? Or some cute little DIY project? Maybe you loved tossing the handmade bouquet? Or the slideshow that your cousin Freddy put together? And for those of you who aren't married yet, what's something you've always wanted to do at your wedding? Spill the proverbial wedding beans, folks! 


Right now, I'm really loving the bird/bow-tie/twine mobiles we're currently making. Don't worry, I'll be sharing photos of them in action after the wedding, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chana, You are so cute! I didn't know that you blog! That is so exciting that the wedding is next week! I love the mobiles, super cute, can't wait to see pictures of your wedding! One of my favourites from our wedding was the ceremony, I really felt like God was so present and it was Him who brought us together. I was mildly stressed right up until the ceremony and once I walked down the aisle and saw my sweet (almost) husband standing there waiting for me all teary eyed, nothing else in the world mattered! Aside from the mushy stuff, I loved the way that we set up our head table, we had a small half-pentagon shaped table in the centre and then two 8 foot tables that created a very subtle horse shoe shape so that the head table could see everyone and everything that was going on (instead of a straight table), also right after the ceremony we (the wedding party) bolted out of the church into an SUV limo to go take the pictures! That was a last minute addition that I am so glad I made!

    I am so so happy for you and Derek and cannot wait to see you again as Mr and Mrs Penner!! May you see God's blessings through these last few days of planning so that you can cherish and enjoy each and every moment of it! Marriage is such an amazing gift from God!

    Love you both!

    Krista Antonio! :)

    ReplyDelete